This is a fun and very colorful salsa that I made up recently after going to Whole Foods. New Mexican Hatch chiles were being roasted in front of the store while there was a pile of bright purple-pink dragonfruit displayed within the store. Each ingredient was so appealing, I had to get them and work them into a simple recipe that would highlight each. The result was this tasty salsa.
DRAGONFRUIT & GREEN CHILE SALSA
- Juice of 2 limes &/or lemons
- 2-3 dragonfruits (chopped)
- 1-2 handfuls of green scallions (chopped)
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- Cilantro (optional)
- 1 whole pineapple (cored and chopped)
- 2-3 Hatch green chiles (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Incorporate all ingredients into a bowl and refrigerate overnight to allow all of the flavors to mesh.
- Serve with chips, fish, meat, poultry or anything else that needs a kick.